Monday, November 22, 2010

Life's not Fair

I don't think it's a very bold statement to say that life is not fair.  I wasn't given the musical ability of Mozart, the genius mind of Da Vinci, or the golf swing of Tiger Woods.  Not fair!  Not fair!  Not fair!

Something I think we often fail to think of, however, is how unfair life is in a good way.  How unfair it is that I was born to parents who loved me.  How unfair it is that I was given a healthy genetic make-up.  How unfair it is that I have never had to worry about food from day to day.  How unfair it is that I have the ability to learn.  How unfair it is that God's love and forgiveness and grace go beyond anything that I could ever do wrong...

God really isn't fair at all... He gets all the glory, all the praise, and all the credit.  He's too good.  How can I ever compete with him?  Easy answer: we can't.  And I'm OK with that.  I'm OK taking advantage of his unending love and grace because all he wants to do is give it to us and have us accept it.  My mantra lately has been "I am not worthy"... life is unfair, and that's ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment