So I was scrounging for some way to kill some time and happened to run across this article on soulmates:
http://blisstree.com/feel/the-great-soulmate-debate/
It's not the most eloquent of writing, nor the most romantic. It has some things I like and some things I don't. So, what else would I so but give you, my non-existent readers, my opinion on soulmates.
Even as a self-proclaimed "hopeless romantic", I absolutely do not think that there are soulmates. I think the idea of there being ONE person out there who is somehow magically and mysteriously matched to be absolutely perfect for another person is ridiculous. That would result in there being some sort of predestination (not necessarily that everything in the future is planned, but planning in a certain sense). I just simply think that's illogical.
While I say that, I think that people can become "soul-mates." I think two people grow into being THE ONE for someone else. I think that through understanding, through shared experiences, through emotions, through inside jokes about words that have nothing to do with what you're actually talking about, through births, through deaths, through respect, and definitely through communication on extremely deep levels, we become THE ONE. It takes a certain amount of compatibility and there are definitely people that can't be THE ONE for another person, but I think that more than one person can reach that level. Honestly, it would suck if there was only one person that could be THE ONE for you. The key is mutual growth into that person for one another. We have to grow with them to be each other's ONE. Unfortunately, that's not very easy...
Maybe, I'll continue this thought another time, but until then, I have to run. And, I'm going to continue searching for my ONE. I guess that kind of makes me a "hopeful romantic"...
No comments:
Post a Comment